The Sphere Automated Satellite System is an advanced and innovative technology. Designed to locate and lock on satellites quickly, it will give you the luxury of TV throughout your travels.
SASS comprises of two main components: the dish (which houses the positioning mechanism and twin LNBs) and the indoor unit (IDU which is the systems user interface and allows the user to control/access SASS). SASS comes with a pre-drilled mounting base plate, making it easy to install and offers better weight distribution across the RV rooftop.
- Antenna Unit:The antenna unit houses the antenna positioning mechanism, LNB (low noise block), and control elements within the antenna. Weather tight connectors join the power, signal and control cabling from the antenna IDU unit.Indoor Unit: (IDU)The IDU is the system’s user interface, providing access to the system and its functions through an LCD display power and two control buttons. IDU provides the power to the antenna as well as receives the satellite signal from the antenna unit.(Satellite receiver required)
- Power: 12V
- Frequency: 10.7GHz (twin LNB)
- Closed Height: 200mm
- Size of Mounting Base Plate (mm): 700L x 400W
- 450mm – surrounding items must not be taller than 190mm
- 200mm – surrounding items must not be taller than 70mm
- Installed Weight: 19kg (includes cables and IDU), 16kg (dish and base plate only)
- Recommended Clearance (from centre of rotating head): 600mm – surrounding items such as air condtitioners or hatches must not be taller than 260mm. If surrounding items are taller than 260mm, more clearance is needed.